Friday 3 July 2015

Natural Summer Skin Care

a

As the weather has been so beautiful and hot recently I thought I’d talk a little bit about summer skincare and my favourite natural ways to take of my skin naturally during this time of year! The number one question you all ask me is what suncream I use, so I thought we should talk about that first…

Use a Good Sun Cream

I use a suncream called Yaoh, it’s from a tiny (and seemingly pretty random) brand but it’s amazing. I absolutely swear by it! It smells nice, doesn’t cost a fortune and it really works. It doesn’t contain any nasties and the first three ingredients are – Organic virgin olive oil, organic hemp seed oil, organic coconut oil – which I think is pretty awesome. I’ve tried other brands and found that either they coated my skin in a thick white paste that acted as a total sun block or they weren’t very effective so this is by far my favourite but if you know any good ones then please let me know as I’d love to hear!

Make Sure to Exfoliate

I’m not sure about you guys but I find my skin can get quite dry at this time of year, and there’s nothing less attractive then walking around with scaly legs! So start exfoliating every week. I either use a homemade blend of brown sugar and coconut oil (which is amazing, I’ll share the exact recipe soon) or a scrub from a company called Frank Body, which is made of coffee, almond oil, brown sugar and salt. I try to do this at least once a week and it does wonders for keeping my skin soft and happy! Plus when you exfoliate you keep your tan better, so if you’re after a summer glow make sure you start scrubbing.

Always Have a Good After Sun

If you do happen to spend a little too long in the sun then coconut oil is a dream, it works better than anything else to soothe and heal sun burn. I’ve never found an after sun that works anywhere near as well! You will feel pretty greasy when you lather lots of it on, so make sure you do it when you’re going to bed rather than when you’re going out, but I promise you’ll wake up looking and feeling so much better. If you happen to be somewhere with fresh aloe vera to hand then this is even better. I have to tell you that it’s pretty smelly, but if you’re really red then this is exactly what you need. Just rub the fresh aloe over your burn and feel it soothe your skin.

Do a Hairmask 

As well as drying out your skin the sun can also really dry out your hair so you may want to do a hair mask after your holiday to rejuvenate it so that it’s soft and shiny again! Coconut oil is exactly what you need again for this, just rub a handful of it over the ends of your hair and leave it in for as long as possible – preferably overnight. Then rinse out the mask with lots of shampoo in the morning. It’s so easy but it will make your hair feel totally new!

 



from Deliciously Ella http://deliciouslyella.com/natural-summer-skin-care/
via Free Spiritual Marketing

from Get A FREE Instant SEO Report @ holisticclients.com To Say Thank For Visiting! http://holisticclients.blogspot.com/2015/07/natural-summer-skin-care.html
via For Free Social Media Coaching Click Here

No comments:

Post a Comment