This is always about the time of summer when despite the abundance of great weather for being outdoors, the delicious seasonal produce and the wonderful long days… kids start to get bored.
At least my kids have.
School is still out, I’m not a fan of letting them watch TV and we’ve already made many library runs.
I decided it was time to make a checklist of fun summer activities that we could do in the weeks before we start school again. The kids helped me brainstorm, and this is the list we came up with. The best part? Most of these are free or very low cost.
Add your ideas in the comments!
Family Summer Activities Checklist:
- Take a hike.
- Create a nature scavenger hunt.
- Visit our local nature center.
- Camp in the treehouse.
- Finally go check out the state parks near our house that we’ve never visited.
- Have a water fight in the backyard (use sponges, not balloons, to avoid choking hazards and plastic waste!
- Go to a drive-in movie.
- Pre-make a bunch of frozen meals for friends who are expecting babies in the next few weeks.
- Blow bubbles.
- Even better, make bubbles in a kids pool and use a hula hoop to surround ourselves in bubbles.
- Make a (healthy & homemade) lemonade stand.
- Catch fireflies.
- Make popsicles from fruit and chia seeds.
- Have a luau for neighbors and friends.
- Have a picnic.
- Stay up late and try to find constellations.
- Go wildcrafting for herbs and plants with our local expert.
- Go fishing and learn how to clean the fish.
- Play frisbee
- Play outside in the rain.
- Turn on some oldies and have a dance party in the living room.
- Make a slip and slide in the backyard.
- Go to a baseball game.
- Play wiffle ball in the backyard.
- Make homemade ice cream.
- Learn how to make simple origami.
- Finger paint outside.
- Draw with sidewalk chalk.
- Have a puppet show
- Make necklaces with homemade clay beads.
- Make a bird house.
- And a bat house.
- Visit the fire station.
- Go to the zoo.
- Play in the sprinklers.
- Visit a retirement or nursing home and make cards for the residents.
- Learn how to score a baseball game.
- Go to the lake.
- Go to the free kid’s workshop at Home Depot.
- Have family game night.
- Learn new card games.
- Have a backyard campout.
- Teach kids how to jump rope (and practice it myself)
- Make these healthy ice cream sandwiches.
- Take a nap!
- Fly a kite.
- Build a fort.
- Play capture the flag.
- Climb trees.
- Join the library’s summer reading club.
- Make paper airplanes and race them.
- Let the kids plan and cook dinner.
- Play flashlight tag.
I want to hear your ideas now! Share below!
from Wellness Mama » Blog http://wellnessmama.com/55734/family-summer-activities-checklist/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=family-summer-activities-checklist
via SEO Derby
from Get A FREE Instant SEO Report @ holisticclients.com To Say Thank For Visiting! http://holisticclients.blogspot.com/2015/07/53-fun-family-summer-activities.html
via For Free Social Media Coaching Click Here