Sunday 12 July 2015

Fitness: What’s Barre All About

As you guys know I love working out, it really brings peace and balance to my life and helps me deal with any stress and pressures that life brings! I get bored quickly though so I like to try different classes and recently I’ve been loving Barre. I keep seeing Barre studios pop up everywhere and it seems to be quite a fitness trend at the moment so I thought we should talk more about it on the blog today. In London my favourite studio is Paola’s Body Barre, in Fulham. It’s a great workout and Paola herself is incredible, so I thought she would be the best person to talk to you all about Barre and working out today…

c

What is Barre?

It’s a ballet-inspired whole body workout that combines pilates conditioning exercise with ballet and dancer moves. It will give you ballerina legs, a strong core and conditioned lean muscles. It’s taught mainly using a ballet barre in a studio.

Why should we all be in a Barre class?

Where do we start? From improved flexibility, to increased core strength the benefits are endless. Expect toned, lifted and sculpted muscles within a few sessions. And except to ‘feel the burn’ post workout! can burn up to 600 calories in an hour! Plus it’s so much fun and it makes you feel great.

Is Barre for everyone?

YES – it provides a well-rounded workout that challenges and conditions your body and cardiovascular fitness no matter what stage you are in, using Barre anyone can earn a dancer’s body. You don’t need a high level of fitness to start either.

b

Tell Us a Bit More About Yourself… 

What sparked your own interest in health and wellness?

I have always had a passion for fitness and sport. From a very young age I played in various team sports including netball, baseball, volleyball and was particularly fond of athletics competing for my school in running and long jump.

How did you build your passion for healthy living into a career?

I went on to university in Australia to study be Physical and Health Education Teacher (secondary school). I soon realised teaching a teenagers at the ripe age of 22 wasn’t where I was at. I went on to become a Personal Trainer and later after my first child I studied at The Pilates Institute in London and have never looked back!

 Who inspires you?

I would have to say other women who have children and run a business! I started my business just over a year ago and with three children, it can be somewhat challenging, yet rewarding.

Favourite quote?

“When the going gets tough, the tough get going!” Taken from Billy Ocean’s 80’s song. This has always been one of my mantras. No matter how tough things may get or how big the hurdle may be, we all have strength to keep going. We ALL have it in us.

What is your biggest achievement so far?

I would have to say my three children whom I am immensely proud of. Ensuring my children are balanced and good people is my main aim. I can say they are all lovely kids and that makes me very proud! Second achievement would have to be PBB – Paola’s BodyBarre.

What’s a typical daily workout for you?

Right now my typical workout consists of a combination of my Barre routine and Pilates. I am trying to make an effort to be trained by someone else at least once a week. I teach up to 7 classes a day!

e

Where do you get the inspiration from to develop so many unique forms of exercise routines?

I used to attend lots of classes in Australia and London. However, as I’m pressed for time, I will often look on YouTube for inspiration. As I’ve been teaching for so long, you tend to get the knack for making routines up on the spot! Music is also a source of inspiration for the moves.

What’s the one piece of equipment you can’t live without?

I can’t live without a fitness circle! I love it. You can perform so many different exercises with it!

What are your favourite ways to stay active?

My favourite way to stay active is by teaching the 4-7 classes a day! And running after my children.

What’s your typical…

Breakfast: Eggs! In every shape and form. Eggs with spinach, eggs with avocado, eggs with tomatoes, Mexican style, Italian style, English style….you name it….I LOVE my eggs.

Lunch: Lunch is always fish, chicken or some form of protein with salads.

Snack: Nuts, Dried fruit, protein bars/balls

Dinner: Whatever is served up for the children. We make a point of eating together every night. We try to make it as healthy as possible. For example if the children want spaghetti Bolognese, I will have the same but with wholemeal pasta or veg instead of the pasta.

Do you have any favourite tips and tricks to stay healthy and happy everyday? 

I have a healthy balanced diet. It’s best not to stress out if you have had a bit of a cheat day. If you have, then get back “on your horse” the following day. I say balance and moderation is the key to a healthy body along with a regular exercise programme. Remember it’s supposed to be fun….so find a class or activity you really enjoy. Last but not least – laugh a lot! Try not to take life too seriously.

d



from Deliciously Ella http://deliciouslyella.com/fitness-whats-barre-all-about/
via Free Spiritual Marketing

from Get A FREE Instant SEO Report @ holisticclients.com To Say Thank For Visiting! http://holisticclients.blogspot.com/2015/07/fitness-whats-barre-all-about.html
via For Free Social Media Coaching Click Here

No comments:

Post a Comment