Monday 20 July 2015

The Roundup

Roundup

Blast from the Past

This week I read an interesting opinion piece on why one successful entrepreneur prioritizes his workouts ahead of his business endeavors. While some entrepreneurs might find this decision potentially detrimental to the success of his or her business, the author argues that maintaining his physical health is essential to keeping his business running smoothly. He suggests that exercise is a major component of optimizing his mental and physical state, and that by prioritizing his health above his business, he’s actually able to be more successful in his business. The author even promotes this mentality for his employees and team members.

As an entrepreneur and business owner myself, I strongly identified with this article. Not only do I prioritize exercise in my own life, but I encourage my team to prioritize their physical health as well. Anyone who is familiar with my writing knows that I believe daily movement to be one of the most important factors of health and wellness, and that I’ve set up my workspace to ensure that I’m able to accomplish this daily movement while still working long hours. Unfortunately, lack of movement might be one of the most health-deteriorating trends of our time, and many of us are unable to get the daily movement we need to keep our bodies healthy.

That’s why I created my new program called Made To Move. Many of us, myself included, don’t have time to get to the gym every day, or aren’t interested in doing (unnecessarily) hardcore fitness programs. The truth is, it doesn’t take much activity to keep you healthy, provided you’re getting the right type of activity to keep your body appropriately stimulated. And you don’t need an expensive gym membership to stay fit - with Made to Move, you can do all of the exercises at home, or even at the office.

The goal of this course is simple: to help you move more. If you’re a business owner like me, you can appreciate the benefits of an exercise program that fits in with your busy work day while promoting good physical and mental energy. I hope you’ll join me in Made To Move, and start prioritizing your physical health even above your business!

Research Report

  • Beware of the 'summer slide' when it comes to good eating habits. 
  • This study shows people eat more when food is branded as 'fitness’ food.
  • How much and at one time of day should you exercise to improve sleep
  • Our calorie-laden diet generates more ill health than physical inactivity, alcohol and smoking combined.
  • Running, or any aerobic exercise, could be a legitimate form of therapy.
  • Walking in nature might be an antidote to negative thinking.
  • Animal protein intake, but not plant protein intake, is associated with higher lean mass in adult men and women.
  • A study showed that a low-carbohydrate diet produced greater glycemic control in type 2 diabetics compared to low-fat diet.
  • This is an interesting study examining the link between autoimmune conditions and gut conditions like SIBO.

Worth A Look

For the Foodies



from Chris Kresser http://chriskresser.com/the-roundup-58/
via Holistic Clients

from Get A FREE Instant SEO Report @ holisticclients.com To Say Thank For Visiting! http://holisticclients.blogspot.com/2015/07/the-roundup_20.html
via For Free Social Media Coaching Click Here

No comments:

Post a Comment