Thursday 9 July 2015

Inspiration: Kayla Itsines

I follow a lot of people on social media but there are some people that really stand out and Kayla is absolutely one of them. She has over 3 million instagram followers, over 2 million Facebook followers and everyone I know seems to be talking about her workout guide. I’ve followed her for ages and find it really inspiring how she’s encouraging us all to get moving, work out and be the person we want to be. So I thought she’d be an amazing person to talk to for our inspiration section as not only does she inspire me but I get the feeling that lots of you follow her too so I thought you’d like to learn more about her, her favourite foods, how she stays active and what makes her happy!

a

Name: Kayla Itsines (It‐seen‐ness)

Where do you live? Adelaide, South Australia with my amazing partner Tobi and our boys Ace and TJ (our Siberian Huskies).

What sparked your interest in health and wellness?

My love for sport and basketball lead me to personal training, and that’s where I was able to fulfil my desire to help individuals find the inner confidence they had been seeking for so long. Personal training has given me the opportunity to educate women on the importance of a healthy, maintainable lifestyle in order to become both healthier and happier long‐term. Every woman deserves to feel confident and I LOVE that we’ve created an online community where girls can uplift and motivate each other to be the best versions of themselves :) I can seriously say that I have the BEST job in the world!

How did you build your passion for healthy living into a career?

I initially started my Instagram to keep a record of my home workout videos and inspirational client transformations, soon after I started receiving requests from women all around the world asking me how my clients and I were achieving the results we were. From the beginning I’ve always remained 100% honest with my followers and despite how much my social pages have grown, women all around the globe can know that they can visit my pages and the advice and education I give them is genuine and true. It has been such an amazing process for me to turn my passion for helping people become healthy, fit and strong into a career. I always say, when you love what you do you never work a day in your life.

Who inspires you?

My amazing BBG (Bikini Body Guide) Girls are my inspiration. Their amazing transformations keep me motivated to continue to provide health and fitness education, advice and support to women all across the world every single day. These incredible women are SO dedicated and have put in so much sweat and hard work to feel fit, strong and confident and that gives ME motivation to keep striving to be the best version of myself!

c

Favourite quote? “The secret is, there is no secret.”

What is your biggest achievement so far?

Going on my World Tour has definitely been one of my biggest achievements so far! To be able to meet and train with the girls I call my family in person is seriously incredible. I trained nearly 10,000 girls across Amsterdam, London and New York. I’ve had to pinch myself on multiple occasions, Nothing could possibly top this feeling right now!

Have you always been into fitness or was it something you learnt to enjoy in recent years?

I always have and always will love sports! However, it has only been about 6 or so years that I have felt amazing from looking after my body. I was always active, but did not always fuel my body with the right foods or maintain a consistent exercise routine like I do now. The best thing that about my lifestyle is that it’s not a ‘chore’ to keep active. For me, I definitely enjoy it now, exercising and keeping active and healthy is a part of my lifestyle and my body THRIVES off of the energy that it brings!

What’s a typical daily workout for you?

I train exactly the same as my BBG girls! I’ll do 3‐4 resistance plyometric training sessions a week from my Bikini Body Guide. They’re only 28‐minutes which is only 2% of my day, making it easy for me to always incorporate it into my busy schedule and even easier for me to maintain my routine long‐term. I also always incorporate stretching and rehabilitation sessions 1‐2 times per week it’s vital to look after your body and invest time into rehabilitation and recovery.

Where do you get the inspiration from to develop so many unique forms of exercise routines?

I’m really creative when it comes to developing exercise sequences and routines! I played a lot of basketball when I was growing up, so by applying science‐based concepts to my particular style of training I was able to get the outcomes that girls wanted! It’s not about spending hours in the gym, my training concept is about getting the most out of a limited amount of time. In today’s society most people are time poor so I wanted to help them burn as much fat as fast as possible in as little time as possible without sacrificing quality of training.

What’s the one piece of equipment you can’t live without?

I couldn’t live without my foam roller. Stretching and rehabilitation is vital! I always attempt to incorporate 1‐2 full stretching and rehabilitation sessions into my weekly routine.

What are your favourite ways to stay active?

I love taking my dogs Ace and TJ for a walk to the beach or the park keep active for my LISS cardio sessions and rotating through my favourite weeks of my Bikini Body Training Guide 3‐4 times a week for my plyometric resistance training sessions!

b

What’s your typical…

Breakfast: Poached eggs on rye toast with avocado, tomato and spinach
Lunch: Turkey and Salad wrap – with delicious vegetables that are in season!
Snack: Fresh fruit – I love mangoes
Dinner: Green Chicken vegetable curry with basmati rice. Or if I’m cooking for Tobi and I, Avgolemono is my favourite! It’s a fluffy Greek chicken and rice soup.

What’s your favourite dessert?

I have a weak spot for Tiramisu, which is a Greek coffee flavoured dessert. Because I am lactose intolerant and this has dairy in it, I can only have it once every so often… but this is probably a good thing.

Where are your favourite places to eat?

I love having breakfast at local cafes, two of my favourite dishes to order are baked eggs or porridge. For dinner, I love cooking fresh meals at home, but if I was to go out, Indian, Greek and Italian cuisines would be in my top choices!

Where’s your favourite place in the world?

Greece! It’s where my family is from and in July last year my partner Tobi and I visited the beautiful country, it was one of the best experiences of my life.

What makes you happy?

– My amazing BBG girls and the incredible fitness family/community we have created.

– My partner Tobi and our two Siberian huskies Ace and TJ.

– Going to the gym.

– Spending time with my family.

Describe your perfect day

A big, nutritious breakfast with Tobi in the morning at our favourite cafe. Followed by taking our Siberian Huskies, Ace and TJ for walks along the beach. Working out in the afternoon and chatting with my amazing, empowering fitness community of women all over the globe! Nothing makes me happier than seeing women worldwide uplift each other every single day.

Do you have any favourite tips and tricks to stay healthy and happy everyday?

I always say there are no tips or tricks to being healthy and in turn being happy. Quick fixes and fads are short term and every woman deserves to feel confident for all 12 months of the year! As I’ve mentioned, Consistency is KEY, the more consistent you are; the easier it is for your body to develop a habit. My biggest advice to keep consistent would be to find something that works for YOU and stick to it. Choose a realistic routine that you enjoy and you can and want to fit into your daily schedule. Make small and realistic changes as this way, you won’t have the all or nothing attitude as you’ll be able to maintain these changes long‐term! Loving what you do is so important, so that in turn, you can learn love yourself for the beautiful person that you are!

d



from Deliciously Ella http://deliciouslyella.com/inspiration-kayla-itsines/
via Free Spiritual Marketing

from Get A FREE Instant SEO Report @ holisticclients.com To Say Thank For Visiting! http://holisticclients.blogspot.com/2015/07/inspiration-kayla-itsines.html
via For Free Social Media Coaching Click Here

No comments:

Post a Comment